Veterans Compensation and Pension Programs Benefits
This page provides information on valuable resources available to military veterans specific to compensation and pension programs. Access any of the resources via the category links below.
- Pre–Discharge Program – The Pre–Discharge Program is a joint Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) and Department of Defense (DoD) program that provides service members the opportunity to file claims for disability compensation from active duty or full time National Guard or Reserve duty. Click here for more information.
- Disability Compensation – If you have a service–related disability, you may be eligible for disability compensation. This is compensation paid to veterans as a result of injuries while on activity duty and is a tax–free benefit. Click here for more information.
- Pension – Pension benefits are meant to assist eligible veterans, surviving spouses and children who demonstrate financial need. To determine if you quality for these benefits click here for more information.
- Survivors’ Benefits – Surviving spouses and dependents of military personnel who died while in active military service and survivors of veterans who died after active service may be eligible for several benefits programs. Click here for more information.
- Burial Benefits – Service members who have met service duty requirements have access to burial benefits, which include burial in a national cemetery, if certain service conditions were met. Spouses, children and other relatives are also eligible. For those who want to determine if their loved one qualify and for additional information on burial benefit details, please visit here.